As I enter week 29, it’s time for an update! How has it been almost 3 weeks since I posted an update or belly pic?
I had my 28 week doctor’s appointment last week and the lovely glucose test for gestational diabetes.
Why can’t they make this drink look more appealing?
Then the nurse thought it would be fun to wiggle the needle under my skin hoping to find a vein until she did, leaving me with a big bruise….but my blood must’ve looked good since I didn’t get a call back from my OB. I assume I passed – thank goodness, too, because I hear if you ‘fail’ or show signs of gestational diabetes, there is a 3 hour test you have to do, and it isn’t fun.
- Baby’s heartbeat: 155bpm (she has fallen right in that range for the past few months)
- Measuring at 29 weeks (so right on track – I guess within 3 weeks of your actual pregnancy is ideal)
- Total weight gain: 16 lbs! (By my count it’s closer to 18, but I’ll take either one!)
- Now I begin appointments every 2 weeks!
Two week appointments seems like they snuck up on me! I will go every two weeks between now and I think 36 weeks, then they jump to weekly. EEEK!
- Back pain is still tough. I am going to the chiro every other week now, and it does help – more than I care to admit as I’m more of a traditional medicine kind of gal.
- We are having trouble narrowing down a name for this little girl! Before we found out the sex, we had a list of 3-4 names for each gender, and since then, I think the hubs has changed his mind on almost all of the original choices, while I’ve only cut one out because it’s so classic, it’s popping up everywhere. We’re at the point of searching name lists and texting each other random names through out the day. So far, nothing for sure.
- The nursery is holding steady. We need to paint and maybe that will happen this weekend. Seems like a good gift for Mother’s Day right? Once it’s painted, then I we can begin hanging things and buying decorations.
Belly pic coming soon!